Application Requirements

RaMES is open to EU and Non-EU students holding a Bachelor’s Degree in:

  • Geology
  • Earth sciences
  • Mining engineering
  • Environmental engineering
  • or similar.

Candidates must also demonstrate proficiency in the English language.

For detailed info:


Online applications will start in May 2021. EU students can apply until November 2021, foreign non-EU students can apply until the 23rd of July 2021.

Programme Start
RaMES kick-off meeting will be held in October 2021 Classes will start in September 2021

How to apply

Step 1

Register online
at UniBo

Learn more

Step 2

Provide Application

Learn more

Step 3


Learn more

Step 1

Register online at UniBo

In order to apply to the curriculum Raw Materials Exploration and Sustainability (RaMES) of the Master’s Degree in Geology and Land Management, you need to register on Studenti Online and submit the required application documents. Studenti Online is a space reserved for students of the Alma Mater Studiorum – University of Bologna, which allows you to conveniently carry out online procedures, from registration to graduation.

  • If you already are a registered user of UniBo, skip to Step 2. If you need to register for the first time, access Studenti Online (you can change the English selection using the panel on the left)
  • Click on Register
  • Click on International Students Registration if you are an international student with no Italian fiscal code – otherwise click on Registration with Tax ID
  • Input your Personal Data – please be sure to input accurate information, as noted on your passport (e.g. list all second names or surnames)

Step 2

Provide Application Documents

Submit the required application documents on Studenti Online.

  • Submit the required application documents on Studenti Online.
  • Click on Entrance exams or requirements checks
  • In the Type of degree programme section, select Second cycle degree programme
  • Check of admission requirements for Laurea magistrale geologia e territorio (valutazione titoli)
  • Provide the following data and documents required in PDF format:
    • ID/passport;
    • Copy of a first cycle/Bachelor’s degree and Transcript of Records (for graduands, only the Transcript of Records with marks is required);
    • Curriculum vitae (in English);
    • Motivational letter (in English);
    • Reference letter(s) – optional
    • .
    • Proof of language proficiency in English (a B2 CEFR level is required)?, provided through one of the following
    • An international language certificate among those (KET, PET, FCE, CAE and CPE)
    • Having passed a B2 level university exam (transcript required);
    • Holding a degree obtained in English;
    • One year of study abroad with English as medium of teaching;
    • Certificate issued by a University Language Center, stating the name of issuing institution, level of English and date of issue;
    • Status of English mother tongue;
    • Attend the B2 English assessment test (more information is provided below); University of BolognaLanguage Center (CLA) test – Due to the Covid-19 emergency, the language tests of the 2020 summer session will be delivered remotely and will be computerized.
    ONLY for students lacking to certificate one of the B2 requirements
    Important: The test is valid for admission to the a.y. 2020/2021 only. The test is not valid for other purposes. No certification is issued after the test. The results of the test will be sent directly to the office in charge of checking the admission requirements.
    7 JULY 2020: H. 11 AM (Italian local time)
    8 JULY 2020: H. 2 PM (Italian local time)
    Online registration for the test
    • Enter your Studenti online profile
    • Click on BOOKINGS (Register for entrance exams, language test, etc…)
    • In the ‘Search filter’ box select the topic: CORSI CLA
    • Choose the date (corresponding to the green light notice ‘you can book’) and click on Book.
    • You can check your bookings in the home page
    Test procedure, structure, and preparation
    Please visit Application Procedure at UniBo for more information regarding test procedure, instructions and requirements. Upload self-declaration after passing the test
    If you pass the test, upload on your Studenti Online profile a self-declaration in the section dedicated to the Language Proficiency Requirements including:
    • Your name, surname, date and the course of your interest
    • Final result
    • Date and signature

    The contents of the declaration will be checked by the competent offices.

Step 3

Complete Matriculation

The Committee will assess the adequacy of your personal preparation. You can enrol if you are found to be suitable. You will have to attend an interview if you are found to be partly suitable. You cannot enrol if you are found to be unsuitable. After you have checked that all the admission requirements have been met, you can enrol on Studenti online:

  • Complete the application for matriculation with the required data and attach an ID photograph in digital format;
  • Pay the first instalment of tuition fees.
  • Follow the instructions to complete the procedure and receive your badge

Remember to complete matriculation if you…

  • …are a non-EU citizen with EU equivalent status, you need to send a copy of the valid residence permit giving you EU equivalent status to the responsible Student Administration Office;
  • …are a non-EU citizen residing abroad, see the detailed information. You will need to send to the responsible Student Administration Office a copy of your valid residence permit or, if your residence permit has not yet been issued, a copy of your study entry visa and subsequently a copy of the receipt confirming submission of your application, with which your matriculation will be accepted subject to verification;
  • …have a degree obtained abroad, see the detailed information. You will need to send the degree documentation to the responsible Student Administration Office.

If you have a disability with an assessed level of invalidity of at least 66%, or you hold disability certification in accordance with Italian law 104/92, you can request exemption by sending the certificate proving the condition to the email address of the responsible Student Administration Office. If you want to request recognition of previous studies, check how.

EIT Label & Community

The RaMES programme has received the EIT Label, a quality seal awarded to top Master and PhD programmes that excel in shaping a new generation of students into game changers and innovators.

Learn more